top of page
HOW TO MAKE THE CUT
• Donated hair must be a minimum of 7 inches long
• Place the ponytail, kept intact with the elastic band, (measure hair from just above the elastic band of the
in a zipper-lock bag and seal tightly. Please ensure the ponytail to the ends).
ponytail is complete dry before sending.
• Wavy/curly hair texture is fine—you may straighten
• Place the plastic bag with the ponytail in a padded hair to measure.
or plastic envelope and send to:
• Hair should be freshly washed and completely dry, without any styling products.
HERE’S EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO BE THE NEXT TO SHARE YOUR HAIR
• Hair may be colored with vegetable dyes, rinses and semi-permanent dyes.
• Hair may not be more than 5% gray. Here’s why: – It takes at least six ponytails to make a SYH prosthetic;
in general, each ponytail comes from a different person and is a different color. Even though some hair colors may look similar, including gray hair, each is completely unique. – Gray hair, as well as some chemically-treated or
permanently-colored hair, does not absorb dye at the same rate as other types of hair. It is much harder to color and, once colored, fades more quickly.
bottom of page